Campus Priorities for 2010-12
"UC Santa Cruz strives to serve California as a top-ranked research university and the leading institution for the education of students—fostering a culture of excellence, inquiry, creativity, diversity, and public service in developing solutions to the world’s most critical challenges."
To continue its ascent as an institution whose faculty transform disciplines through research and scholarly/creative activity and transform students’ intellectual lives by inspiring them to master the knowledge and skills they need to change the course of the future, UC Santa Cruz’s near-term (two-year) priorities are to:
1. Strengthen and maintain excellent and emerging core academic programs; develop new academic and professional programs in targeted areas.
2. Identify success factors for and barriers to substantially growing research over the next five years.
3. Enhance UC Santa Cruz's distinction and achievements in undergraduate education.
4. Develop focused plans for the campus's presence and partnerships in Silicon Valley.
5. Prepare for UC Santa Cruz's first comprehensive fund-raising campaign.
These five near-term priorities are discussed in the UC Santa Cruz 2010-12 Two-Year Goals Statement, which describes how they will contribute to campus long-range goals and aspirations.