Campus Priorities for 2012-14
"UC Santa Cruz strives to serve California as a top-ranked research university and the leading institution for the education of students—fostering a culture of excellence, inquiry, creativity, diversity, and public service in developing solutions to the world’s most critical challenges."
To continue its ascent as an institution whose faculty transform disciplines through research and scholarly/creative activity and transform students’ intellectual lives by inspiring them to master the knowledge and skills they need to change the course of the future, UC Santa Cruz’s near-term (two-year) priorities are to:
1. Recruit, nurture, and retain faculty who make a comprehensive contribution to education and who promote research excellence;
2. Achieve aspirational Ph.D. growth targets enabled by re-benching, in both established and developing graduate programs identified as campus priorities;
3. Improve undergraduate degree success and ensure a quality educational experience for our increasingly diverse array of students;
4. Create an updated campus long-range enrollment plan (LREP) to influence and contribute to the new UC-wide LREP; and
5. Implement a realistic, sustainable, multi-year funding model aligned with academic priorities.
These five near-term priorities are discussed in the UC Santa Cruz 2012-14 Two-Year Goals Statement, which describes how they will contribute to campus long-range goals and aspirations.